Small World - True That !
After nearly a year I was surfing through Linked In today, I was happy to find many of my friends from Alliance on Linked In with updated designations and work profiles. I remember the days when many of their profiles had only one word "Student" in the About us column. While Surfing I accidentally came across the profile of Sunil Lulla - MD and CEO of Times Now. I was happy that some of my friends knew the CEO of a well renowned company. Like a 15 yr old I immediately showed this to one of my childhood buddies who was relishing my mom's new food experiment right next to me. He smiled and grabbed my laptop and showed his account where Sunil Lulla was again a part of his friend's network. He then told a line which made me read at least 30 articles on this subject. He said - "Dude Salman Khan, Barkha Dutt Arnab Goswami u name any celebrity he will be in my network, your network and everyone's network!!! Social Media is big these days"
![]() |
| Reid Hoffman - Founder Linked in - 2 Degree Seperation From My Account |
In 1967, Stanley Milgram a psychologist suggested that every person in this world is connected with one another within six degrees of separation. It is a very interesting thought but Milgram was very serious about it and carried out Experiments across the US. However he failed to please everyone as there were few communities which were isolated from the world and was hard to prove his theory. Today Internet has made his dream and theory to come true. The barriers between people are shrinking. I find people playing evony online with others from Romania and Brazil. The Net has created a chain which will even shrink the degrees of separation from 6 to 3 or 4. Many games and interesting applications have come up with in reference to the Small World Phenomenon. For eg: www.oracleofbacon.org
Many of us are witness to stupid fights around us where people and groups come together to fight against one another in the name of language, religion, caste, colour and social class. If we deeply look into it we all are mutual friends.The constant enmity and hatred will definitely subside if everyone realize this simple fact that the world we live is truly a SMALL WORLD and we are all linked to each other.


Its indeed a small world.. Full of pleasant little surprises!!
ReplyDeleteWe are connected to each other and am sure your blog would connect your ideas to the world! Indeed a small world.
ReplyDelete